
Sorry for lack of updates since New Year. String of things good and bad kept me busy. Now I want to send out a quick email before I leave Mumbai for the Himalayas and then on back to San Francisco.
My dad came to visit in early January. We took a weekend trip to Jodhpur in Rajastan, saw fort/palace, Hindu and Jain temples, and rode camels on the edge of the Thar Desert.
Then I got bronchitis. The cough I had from before never fully went away and came back with a vengeance. It's mostly gone now.
Meanwhile, C and I were dealing with a complete mess with our subtenant. I'll tell more about that in some other email, though I know some of you got more than enough details already. Thanks again to all who helped out. It got resolved early February, so C was finally able to come to India a couple weeks after.
My sister came for a two week visit. I was able to take some time off work, so we went and did a quick week tour of Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. Saw Taj Mahal and many other monuments, palaces, forts, ruins, etc. Had a good time together.
C arrived a week after sister left. She got bombay belly so wasn't happy for a bit. I was pretty busy at work. This week was our first chance to play.
Yesterday was my last day of work. We'll go to Sikkim in northeastern India for some trekking. We'll see India's highest peak, the third highest in the world. Also stop in Darjeeling. Then back to Mumbai for a day before flying home.