Sunday, July 16, 2006

i graduated


I got my review today and it's official, I'm now an instructor at BOSS

I thought I would have more time to write, but I ended up out on courses for six weeks in a row. Three two-week courses back to back, so I'd get one night in "town" every two weeks to shower and sleep in relative comfort in a tent with sleeping bag and thermarest. Town is small one in southern Utah--population about 150 year round, 200 in summer. I learned a lot, ate some strange stuff, lost some weight. I've been enjoying a week of vacation now, going fishing or on hikes of slot canyons just for fun--no students. The adventures continued though. I caught my first fish bare-handed. Dealt with a broken down car 26 miles down a dirt road, etc.

We did a sweat lodge tonight. I'm now enjoying a local Utah brew, Scorpion Pale Ale. Yesterday's was Polygamy Porter.

I leave on the shuttle tomorrow back to the city and airport. I'll be in home in CA on Sunday.